Monday, October 5, 2009

Stupid

I really hate being stupid!  It's no fun at all, take my word for it.  I'll have conversations with my wife and have no clue what she's talking about because she's using words like incredulous or superfluous.  See, your thinking what kind of idiot doesn't know what those words mean, that's exactly what I'm talking about.

"Nick that was really incredulous of you to return the toaster after you broke it".  First off I don't think that I broke it.  The manufacturer should have had a label saying not dishwasher safe.  Secondly I believe it was mearly a coincidence that it stopped working, while still under warranty I should add around the same time of my ingenious cleaning method.  Now a smart person would know how to respond to my wife's statement.  A person of average intelligence would simply ask what the word means and move on.  A stupid person like myself pretends they know what the words means and then adds it to their vocabulary without even looking it up in the dictionary.  Why would I waste my time looking it up when I have clearly heard the word being used in a sentence and it's painfully obvious incredulous means something similar to incredible because of how incredible I am for returning the broken toaster to the store and getting a new one for free.

"That TV is the most superfluous purchase you have ever made", with new TV on the brain I was trying to figure out what I had just been told.  My wife has no idea that I don't understand half the words she says because they aren't big words to her, hardly even worthy of being used in a game of scrabble.  A big word to her consists of the letter z and q used twice without the letter u.  Being an optimist I come up with the most plausible definition of my super fabulous new TV.

This kind of thing happens everyday around our house all the time.  Why not give more examples?  I would, but quite honestly I'm to stupid to remember them.

No comments:

Post a Comment